Tuesday, January 23, 2007



Flirting with Forty
by
Jane Porter

As someone who is fast approaching 40 I thought this book might be a good read. It turned out to be a delightful book full of great scenes and insights. This book is about starting over, reinventing yourself much to the dismay of your friends and family. When you realize what you need to do to make yourself happy and you don't care what others think.

Flirting with Forty "Ann Says I deserve more. Ann and the rest of my friends say I need someone who will be everything I hope for, someone who will appreciate everything I am.
That sounds fabulous, it really does, but is that real? Will I ever meet someone who will think I'm as wonderful as my friends think? And even if it's possible, does life really work out that way? Because honestly, I've lived long enough to know we don't always get what we deserve. We don't always get the good we should. . . . Life isn't poured in equal cups for everyone. Some people get more and some get less. Some get it hot and some have it cold. Some get drowned by the generosity while others thirst, hungering for more. Some are happy with their portions while others are never filled, never content, never able to say 'Good I've had enough. I'm satisfied.' I fall into that last group"

When Jackie finally has to make a decision for a chance at happiness will she risk everything or stay with the normal and the safe?




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?